Thursday, May 7, 2009

Age Race Gender

age race gender they only matter if you make them matter. I had planed on writing about this before i had gotten on the L, but after i steped on i had the point of my ranting perfectly illustrated. when i walked on the train conducter came out of his compartment to help a pasanger who was trying to find were he should get off, Silvester ( i found out later his name) had asked him a few stops back how to arrive at his destenation, the contuctor apparently either didn't know and had to think about it, or continued giving it further thought and came back out to revise his statement. Silvester and i talked about the nice weather outside and how it changed the general mood of the people of chicago, its a bright sunny day with tempetures in the 50'ds which is a switch from the not so comfertable weather we had had the past few days. I intergected saying i found that evcen in those days of crappy weather if you look at the good, smile and refuse to get the events you can't control get you down people treat you the same way as if it is always perpetually sunny. The conversation then turned to judging books by their shallow covers. Example silvester was older and black, I am younger and white, but as apparent by me writing this we did not let our diffrences define who we are and stop us from haing a delightful meaningful conversation.
When people hurt others, aside from the ovious of inflicting pain on the indiviual the hostiloity is directed at the aggressor hurts themselves. The sad truth is that they don't even realize that it. they only see the shallow self pleasure they get from their selfish actions. not seeing the internal and long term effects of them.dont miss understand me i'm not saying that i feel pitty for them, their actions are self inflicted, they should have to take the consiquences, but i would like for them to not only see the hurt on others but also the hurt on themselves. This i think would be more effective since it would seem that the self fish mind frame they are in drives their actions.
but i deverge but thats why i call it a rant i sapose. When I meet people as a Domme, Friend, Swinger, or general fellow devient i get asked doesn't their age bother me? my answer NO, it matters if you make it matter. I'm 24, it doesn't define my maturety level, tastes, or personality. Ageism is more prevelent then racesm, or gender steriotypeing. If we are talking in purley age groups, i rarly get alone with people of my "own" age demographic, i find i have more incommon with "older" indivduals, I would say the average age of the people i associate with is in their mid thirdys. Yes i do stupid nieve things that show my lack of experience in the world but it is somehow diffrent. I very offten get "i can't belive your 24" to my reply "oh thanks your old looking too" *snickers* I know what they mean but do they.
I lust for peoples minds, yes, i am physically attracted to some people, but its that a physical attraction no basis for anything more then a shallow encounter. Though we may take the inisuitve to try and get to know eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment